Building a positive self-image can be challenging for some of us. It may be because there are parts of ourselves we cannot yet accept, or we may find difficulty choosing love. Though the process of learning self-love may be difficult, there are ways to get there. Self-love affirmations are a simple but useful tool that can help us cultivate self-love and acceptance, making life more joyful and fulfilling.
120 Affirmations for Self-Love
Affirmations of self-love are positive statements that focus on promoting self-love and acceptance. By practicing these daily affirmations, you can rewire your brain to think more positively about yourself. This allows you to boost your self-esteem and avoid negative self-talk.
Here are 120 daily affirmations for self-love that you can practice:
Body Positivity and Acceptance
Body positivity allows us to see ourselves through the lens of self-acceptance. It also encourages the celebration of differences, which can inspire you to love yourself and others. Here are some self-love affirmations for body positivity and acceptance.
- I am perfect and complete just the way I am.
- I am compassionate and warm to my body.
- I love my body as it is today.
- I give my body the respect it deserves.
- I appreciate my body, for it gives me life.
- I am comfortable in my own skin.
- I bless my body with nutritious food.
- I listen to my body’s needs.
- My body is a work of art.
- I treat my body well.
- I have abundant energy, vitality, and well-being.
- There are so many incredible things that my body can do.
Protecting and cultivating our emotional well-being is essential for finding happiness and success. You can practice these self-love affirmations and even positive affirmations for anger to improve your overall well-being.
- I give myself permission to feel this way without judgment.
- I release tension whenever I exhale.
- I am freeing myself from stress and anger.
- Letting go of worry is becoming easy.
- I am more than my thoughts.
- I am balanced.
- I am feeling better.
- I feel calm and peaceful inside.
- I am freeing myself from stress.
- I am strong and ready for change.
- I release tension whenever I exhale.
Self-compassion is all about turning our sense of compassion toward the self. It is all about being kind and understanding to ourselves rather than overly critical when we make mistakes or feel inadequate. Self-compassion is an act of self-love. Here are some affirmations you can say daily:
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I am ready to let go of what no longer serves me and continue on my journey of self-acceptance.
- I am embracing myself just as I am.
- I do not need to change anything about myself to cultivate self-compassion.
- I do not have to earn my self-worth; it is there simply because I exist.
- I nourish my soul, spirit, and body because I deserve self-care.
- I treat myself just as I do my loved ones.
- I give myself permission to grow and develop.
- I am patient with myself as I go through this wonderful journey of life.
Personal Growth and Confidence
Personal growth can promote confidence, increasing self-esteem and building our capacity to fulfill our goals and desires. Here are some affirmations you can say to build your confidence and encourage your growth:
- I can conquer anything.
- I love the person I am and the person I am becoming.
- I have the power and skills to do incredible things.
- I am worthy, whole, and complete as I am.
- The world needs my light and I let my light shine bright.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I don’t need validation from others to know how good I am.
- When I set my mind on something, I won’t stop until I reach it.
- Every day I become a better version of myself.
- I am stronger than I think.
- I learn something from every experience.
Boundaries are essentially “invisible lines” that enforce which behaviors and actions are acceptable for and important to you. Setting your boundaries allows you to stay true to yourself and say no to people or activities that do not align with your values. You can say these affirmations to help you enforce these boundaries:
- It's OK to say no.
- My time and energy are valuable.
- Not everyone needs to like me.
- When people respect my boundaries, they show that they respect me.
- I can vocalize my needs.
- My expectations are reasonable and rational.
- I can speak my mind and still be a kind person.
- My relationships will be better by setting boundaries.
- I deserve to feel valued and respected.
- It is okay to put my needs first.
Self-Worth and Value
Our self-worth is determined by how we see our inner selves apart from our looks, past actions, social status, or even the opinions of others. If you find that you are too harsh on yourself, then try repeating these positive affirmations for self-esteem to practice self-love.
- I am just as worthy as anyone else.
- I am surrounded by people I love, and they love me back.
- I am a good person, and I don’t need to prove it to anyone.
- I am enough, and I don’t need to change.
- I am intelligent and fun, and people like talking to me.
- I contribute beautiful things to this world, even if they are small.
- I strive to do my best every day, and that’s enough.
- My opinion is important, and people genuinely care about it.
- I am one-of-a-kind, and no one can replace me.
- I deserve to prioritize myself over anyone else.
- I don’t feel ashamed about my unique traits.
Inner peace allows us to clear our minds and focus on our path. It keeps us stable and calm when times get tough. Here are affirmations you can say to maintain your inner peace.
- My mind and body are quiet.
- I strive to achieve inner peace.
- I am 100% relaxed at this very moment.
- I feel light and calm.
- I am at peace with myself and everything that surrounds me.
- I choose to think positively about what’s bothering me.
- I can be relaxed in all situations.
- I can let go of things I can’t change.
- I attract peaceful and calm people into my life.
- It’s easy for me to let go of stress, anxiety, and fear.
- The peaceful energy inside me is fulfilling.
Self-expression can encourage you to examine your life, choices, relationships, ideas, and thoughts and bring them outward for fulfilling experiences. We can work on expressing ourselves with the help of these affirmations:
- I deserve to be fully expressed in who I am.
- I am creative.
- I release the blocks that keep me from being the fullest expression of myself.
- I am vibrant and radiating with light.
- I am allowed to take up space.
- I am allowed to be uniquely me.
- It is safe for me to follow my curiosity in life.
- I am worthy of a self-expressed life.
- I let go of any fear that exists in me about being fully expressed.
- I am allowed to speak up.
- I am deeply in love with and accept all of me.
Gratitude and Self-Appreciation
Gratitude is consistently linked to higher levels of happiness. It allows people to feel more positive emotions, have good experiences, persevere through challenges, and build stronger relationships. Here are some self-love affirmations for gratitude and self-appreciation:
- I am grateful for the life I’m living.
- I love myself; I love my body; I love my mind; I love who I am.
- I am unaffected by the judgment of others.
- I am grateful to have shelter and food.
- I am grateful for the little things in life that bring me joy.
- I deserve good things, like happiness and joy.
- I am grateful to be myself.
- I am grateful for my freedom.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I trust that everything is going to work out for me.
- I am grateful for all the experiences I’ve had in my life thus far.
Healing is a process that allows us to recover from emotional, mental, or physical wounds. When we heal ourselves, we can also help others. Here are some self-love affirmations for healing:
- I give myself permission to heal.
- I am healing gently.
- I accept the lesson my pain is offering me.
- I am willing to be at peace with myself and everyone.
- I know these circumstances are a gift to help me grow.
- I set myself and others free by choosing to forgive.
- I am surrounded by healing energy.
- I can manifest joy and healing.
- I choose to forgive because it feels better to love.
- Every time I think of healing thoughts, my body responds in kind.
- My health and healing matter.
Manifesting is a practice that can benefit many areas of your life. It empowers us to become our best selves and unlock our potential. Here are some affirmations for manifestation:
- The future I want is manifesting right now.
- I am succeeding in every area of my life.
- I am thriving.
- I am blessed and abundant.
- I am excellent at what I do.
- I am growing and learning every day.
- I deserve to succeed.
- My intentions for my life are clear.
- I believe in myself.
- I am open to new opportunities.
Elevate Your Daily Life with Self-Love Affirmations
Learning how to love yourself is a journey, and it can start by choosing one of the affirmations above and saying it with intent. Positive affirmations for self-love are simple statements you can have in your notebook, on your phone, or even on your wall as a sort of mantra you can repeat daily. The more you practice them, the better you’ll get at accepting and loving yourself, just as you are.